From Vegan Smoothie Bowls to Keto Smoothie Bowls, to Mango smoothie bowl ideas and more, if you’re looking for the best smoothie bowl toppings then look no further. These smoothie bowl topping ideas are chosen for health, nutrients, colour and flavour and we’ve rounded up the best smoothie bowl toppings to add texture too! And of course, you should always add a drizzle of Manuka Honey to make sure you're getting your Daily Dose of immunity boosting methylglyoxal.. Try our squeezie range for easy, mess free drizzling.
THREE BEST SMOOTHIE BOWL TOPPINGS FOR NUTRIENTS
If your number one factor in smoothie bowl ideas is the nutrients they will give you and the added immunity support they will provide, this list takes you through all the smoothie bowl topping ideas that will bring you the very best in top quality nutrients.
- Chia Seeds A powerhouse of protein, chia seeds as a smoothie bowl topping provide both nutrients and pop! Or soak your chia seed topping to provide the benefits of activated chia seeds and a fun jelly-like texture.
- Blueberries Packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants, blueberries are a fresh choice for smoothie bowl toppings, with a beautiful ‘pop’ when they burst in your mouth and a subtle fragrant sweetness.
Avocado Smoothie bowls with avocado provide maximum essential fatty acids and this creamy green fruit is the perfect smoothie bowl topping for both vegan smoothie bowl ideas and keto smoothie bowl ideas.. Or just for those of us who LOVE avo!
- Manuka Honey Packed full of methylglyoxal, bio-available bee bread, pollen and wax particles, Steens Manuka Honey is 100% raw & unpasteurized so all the good bits that naturally occur in the hive arrive to you in every jar. Manuka Honey is native to New Zealand, and has been found to have incredible benefits for natural wound healing. It has been used for hundreds of years to support digestion, oral care and immunity.
FOUR BEST SMOOTHIE BOWL TOPPINGS FOR TEXTURE
- Granola This smoothie bowl topping is one of the most popular with smoothie bowl ideas, particularly vegan smoothie bowl ideas. There are a myriad of vegan granola recipes around too, and it creates such a beautiful chewy, crunchy texture as a smoothie bowl topping.
- Cacao nibs Another popular smoothie bowl topping idea which is just as special as one of your smoothie bowl ingredients, as it adds a unique chocolatey bitterness that cuts through the sweetness of most smoothie bowl ingredients.
- Dried Fruit If you love a bit of ‘chew’ in your smoothie bowl toppings, you can’t go past dried fruit – try dried cherries, dried apricots, dried papaya, or dried pineapple for all sorts of chew, or dried cranberries, raisins and other baking ingredients you have lying around for a cheap smoothie bowl topping idea.
- Sesame Seeds To add a satisfying pop when you chew, sesame seeds are ideal as a smoothie bowl topping. They also add a burst of calcium, and a unique sesame flavour to a keto smoothie bowl.
THREE BEST SMOOTHIE BOWL TOPPINGS FOR COLOUR
- Strawberries You can’t really go past berries as a smoothie bowl topping – they come in a myriad of hues that add a touch of sweetness and bright fresh colour to your smoothie bowl ideas.
- Pineapple A bright yellow splash of happiness on top of your smoothie bowl. For smoothie bowl ideas that work well with pineapple, try anything coconut or cocoa based!
- Pumpkin seeds Pumpkin seeds or pepitas add a beautiful green hue to your smoothie bowl toppings, even when you don’t have any fresh fruit other than bananas. They’re also packed full of calcium and will add texture to any smoothie bowl.
- Edible Flowers If you’re lucky enough to grow your own edible flowers, you will know that as far as smoothie bowl decorations go, these are the queens! With colours ranging from warm oranges and yellow, through to blues, purples, reds and greens, you can add a rainbow of natural colour to your smoothie bowls!
And our ten best smoothie bowl topping ideas?
The lists above cover a huge range of delicious, nutritious and colourful natural smoothie bowl topping ideas, but we do have a list of our ten best smoothie bowl toppings. These top ten smoothie bowl toppings are the perfect fit with any smoothie bowl idea and are all 100% natural, raw, refined sugar free and delicious!
- Sliced Banana
- Manuka Honey
- Peanut Butter
- Coconut Flakes
- Sliced Orange
- Kiwifruit chunks
- Freeze dried fruit powders
- Grated Apple
- Ground fresh ginger
If you’re looking for smoothie bowl ideas, check out our blog - The Best Ten Healthy Smoothie Bowls! From banana free smoothie bowls, to peanut free nut butter smoothies, dairy free smoothie bowls, yoghurt free smoothie bowls, vegan smoothie bowl ideas, keto smoothie bowls and fresh fruit smoothie pops, you’re sure to find something you love 💛
Happy hunting and happy topping!
The Steens Team x